Saturday, October 27, 2007

Miracle Gift - Book of Organ Donor Stories

Twenty-six years ago I was given the incredible gift of a daughter, Candice Faye. Everyone loved Candi, she was joy and laughter. It wasn’t until she died, however, that I understood the extent of her love and kindness, and THE GIFT THAT WAS HER LIFE. The priceless gift she was and is to all who knew her.

The poet, Thomas Campbell wrote, "TO LIVE IN TH HEARTS WE LEAVE BEHIND IS NOT TO DIE." My life's work is helping others record and share the stories, the celebrations, the loves, and the lives of each and every person, especially those we've lost. It has been my deepest desire to preserve the memory and stories of cherished loved ones who have given or received the Gift of Life. In an effort to give back to a world that has given so much to me, I am CREATING A PHOTO STORY BOOK honoring those special people who have given the gift of life. Because these stories have affected me so deeply, I know others will be captivated by them as well. Together we will REMEMBER, CELEBRATE and CHERISH the gift of life and help raise awareness for the hope and blessing of organ donation.

IF YOU HAVE A STORY TO SHARE, please send along with 1-6 of your favorite photos and I will add them to my book, The Miracle Gift. When I have completed this book of Miracle Gifts, I will share it with you. You will be able to preview this book and forward the link to others. All the proceeds from this book will go to help raise awareness of the hope and blessing of the Gift of Life. I am hoping to complete this book soon so we can have it ready for holiday gift giving.

In humble gratitude for the gift of your story,
I remain sincerely, WendyV ~ Candi's Mom

No comments: